Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Charming “Country Cape” For Sale in Connecticut

by HOOKEDONHOUSES on SEPTEMBER 25, 2011

On Sundays I like to spotlight a house from the real estate listings that I think is beautiful, different, or interesting in some way. This week I found what may be my dream home, described in the listing as a “Country Cape” in Washington, Connecticut.

I’ve always fantasized about having a country house like this–possibly because I’ve watched too many old movies that feature them, like Bringing Up Baby and Christmas in Connecticut.

This one may look like an old farmhouse that’s been renovated, but it was actually built in 2005 with authentic beams and fieldstone and lots of beautiful woodwork for added character. Take a look!

I keep thinking of more movies that have made me want to buy a country house over the years. Baby Boom is another favorite (despite how moving to the country made Diane Keaton’s character kind of lose her mind). Wonder how cute the vet is in this town? ;-)

Love the stone fireplace and vaulted ceiling in here with the old beams.

Can’t you see this house all styled up and on the cover of Country Living?

There’s nearly 4,700 square feet, with 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, and a separate apartment over the garage.

A pretty portico:

The back of the house has arbors and a fieldstone wall:

Want it? (I do!) Asking price is $1.495 million. For more photos and information, check the listing by Carol Bablonka of Klemm Real Estate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share