Friday, September 16, 2011

Kirstie Alley’s Oceanfront Cottage For Sale on Maine Island

by HOOKEDONHOUSES on SEPTEMBER 16, 2011

Kirstie Alley has never been afraid to reinvent herself, from acting on sitcoms and in movies to poking fun at herself on her “Fat Actress” reality show; from Jenny Craig weight-loss spokesperson to second-place winner on “Dancing with the Stars.”

I like how she kind of marches to the beat of her own (slightly eccentric) drum, even when it comes to decorating. Her Islesboro beach house in Maine is unapologetically girly, filled with pink walls and floral fabrics. According to Realtor.com, it’s on the market for $2.35 million, so let’s take a look!

The 3,100 square-foot clapboard cottage sits on 16 lush acres on an island in Penobscot Bay.

I would never think to paint my kitchen pink, but I think hers is fun. I’m suddenly craving cupcakes.

It kind of reminds me of Minnie Mouse’s pink kitchen at Disney World that I showed you last year. (Did you know they took Minnie and Mickey’s houses down to make room for new attractions at the Magic Kingdom? So sad they’re gone!)

~

Looks like she collects all sorts of vintage goodies.
There are 5 bedrooms:

…and 5 baths:

Have you seen Kirstie lately? She’s lost over 100 pounds since she was on “Dancing with the Stars” and looks amazing. Hardly recognized her when I saw this photo.

She loves to decorate. We got a tour of her Kansas house on Oprah a few years ago.

I’ve seen some disparaging comments on the Internet about the way this place is decorated and how much money it would cost to redo it all. Without the furniture, though, it would only take some paint and/or wallpaper to tone things down. Would you love it as is or need to make some changes?

The island is only reachable by ferry, boat, and air, so it’s very private.

Like it? You can get more information and see the rest of the photos at Realtor.com. The agent is Jacqueline Case-Hall of Legacy Properties Sotheby’s International Realty. (Thanks to all of the readers who wrote to tell me about it!)

P.S. Did you see them mention this house on “The View” this morning? They had the audience guess which celebrity owns it. My readers and I knew the answer to that one! :-)

The Top 10 Celebrity-Houses on My Blog This Month Are…

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share