Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sweetbriar: Alan Jackson’s $38 Million Mansion


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on JANUARY 7, 2010

Alan Jackson photo

Popular country singer Alan Jackson lives in a 19,000 square-foot house known as “Sweetbriar.” It sits on 135 acres in Franklin, Tennessee, and it can now be yours for $38 million (start digging in your sofa cushions!). Alan and his wife Denise (who wrote the inspirational book It’s All About Him) have decided to downsize.

Alan Jackson-Sweetbriar exterior

I read that the house, which was built in 1997, was inspired by Gone with the Wind. I guess the exterior is supposed to resemble Tara?

Alan Jackson-family room

I can understand why they’d want to downsize. I’d feel like I was living in a hotel here. I mean, nice to visit, but after awhile I’d want something cozier.

Alan Jackson-bedroom

You can see all of the photos and take the virtual tour here. (Photos copyright Donna Yancey of Creative Exposure.) There’s more information about the house on the Fun Times Guide.

Check out this fan video of Alan Jackson’s song “House With No Curtains.” It features photos of Sweetbriar and the Jacksons, along with their personal notes about various rooms of the house (but that’s not Jackson singing the song–it’s Ron Warner):

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for more, including Keith Urban’s, or check out the Top 10 Celebrity Homes of 2010.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share