Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kenny Rogers’ Italian-Style Mansion in Atlanta


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on MAY 28, 2008

KennyRogersPic

Country crooner Kenny Rogers is selling his 9,000 square-foot mansion in Atlanta, Georgia, for $7.95 million. Rogers told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “Every wall, every ceiling, every floor is different” from when he bought the house in 2006. “I touched every inch of this house.” He purchased the home in 2006 for $2.8 million and spent $3 million on the renovation.

He’s moving to a 150-acre ranch near Athens, where a new home is under construction. Take a look at the place he’s leaving behind:

According to the MLS listing for this 6 BR, 6.5 BA home in the Buckhead neighborhood:

Absolutely spectacular home has been painstakingly renovated from top to bottom by owner Kenny Rogers. Wonderful layout, splendid finishes and materials throughout. Comfortable yet so elegant, this home is being offered complete with furnishings. Unbelievable landscape front to back. Elevator, pool.

His “high-end eclectic style” is heavily influenced by his world travels. “I love Chinese. I love Italian. And in almost every house I’ve had, I have an African room,” Rogers said.This home has an African-themed guest room with a zebra-skin rug and framed photos of Africa that Rogers, who is also a photographer, took himself.

This is the 10th house the singer has remodeled and put back on the market. “It’s a hobby with me,” he told the Wall Street Journal. “Once I get finished, owning it doesn’t mean anything to me.”

Rogers, 69, has been married 5 times. He and his current wife Wanda (shown below) have twin 4-year old boys named Justin and Jordan.

KennyRogers-Wanda

There’s been a lot of talk about his plastic surgery misadventures. I think this “before and after” (below) is a compelling argument for letting your face age naturally. Kinda scary. Even he has complained about the job the doctor did on him and has said that having his eyes pulled so tight is uncomfortable for him:

He gave Oprah and her viewers a tour of this house in Atlanta that he’s selling when it was all decked out for Christmas. All the decorations were giant and totally over the top, so it was highly entertaining.

Here’s a still shot from that house tour. Kenny and his boys Justin and Jordan were in his study (go here to read more about Oprah’s interview):

Rogers told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that they plan to move into their new estate this fall, and he’s looking forward to spending less time on the road and more time with his family at home.

“When it was just Wanda and me, we didn’t care where we were,” Rogers said. “Now that the boys are here, she has to stay here and I have to go on the road by myself. And it’s a totally different feeling out there without her. You can’t pull the boys around the world…. You have to prioritize and I’d much rather be with my family.”

Visit my Celebrity Houses pages to see more!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share