Saturday, August 6, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg’s $3.99 Million Loft in SoHo


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on SEPTEMBER 15, 2009

whoopi-goldberg-photo-black-and-whiteWhoopi Goldberg, Oscar-winning actress and the moderator on the popular daytime chat show “The View,” is selling her New York City loft. It’s in the heart of SoHo, near Washington Square Park, and can be yours for $3.99 million. The listing says there are 2 bedrooms and 2.5 baths, with 3,600 square feet. The loft space seems to reflect its owner, and there are no signs that a decorator had much to do with it. To me, anyway, it “looks like Whoopi.”

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-1

Did you see Whoopi’s tribute to Patrick Swayze on “The View”? I’m watching it now and it’s getting me all choked up. I was so sad to hear he lost his battle with cancer.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-2

A few things about the loft that puzzle me: the different types of hardwood flooring in each section of the loft; the proliferation of Christmas decorations in September (maybe it’s been on the market a long time?); and the odd placement of the washer and dryer behind the bar.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-3

I’m also wondering why the vacuum cleaner wasn’t put away before the photos were taken. Maybe there isn’t much closet space here.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-4

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-6

The listing is with Sotheby’s agent Meg Siegel. You can find more information about the loft here.

whoopi-goldbergs-loft-51

It looks like she’s an art lover and collector. I’d love to get a close look at each piece. I also like the large, mahogany-framed windows. The whole space looks light and bright. What do you think?

Check out my Celebrity Houses page for links to all of the famous pads I’ve featured, from Mel Gibson’s to Madonna’s.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share