Saturday, August 6, 2011

Nick Lachey & Jessica Simpson’s “Newlyweds” Love NestThey sold the house in ’06 (they were asking $3.75 million at the time), but it’s back on the...


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on JULY 19, 2010

Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson

Well, this is a blast from reality-TV show past. Remember when Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson were “Newlyweds” on MTV? The show was mostly filmed inside their Calabasas home from the time they were just-marrieds in 2003 until their tabloid-worthy split in 2005. They sold the house in ’06 (they were asking $3.75 million at the time), but it’s back on the market for a paltry $1.95 million.

Nick & Jessica's old house ext

The “Mediterranean McMansion,” as Luxist calls it, has over 6,400 square feet with 5 bedrooms and 6 baths.

Nick & Jessica's old house-staircase

Jessica just celebrated her 30th birthday. Back when they were filming the show and she was turning 23, she said, “That’s almost 25, and that’s almost mid-twenties!”

Nick & Jessica's old house-living room

Some of the funnier scenes occurred in this kitchen, when Jessica tried to cook:

Nick & Jessica's old house-kitchen

We didn’t see much of their bedroom on the show. As I recall, they had a deal that cameras had to stop at the door. (Does anyone else remember for sure?)

Nick & Jessica's old house-bedroom

I actually knew the Lachey boys when I was growing up (they pronounced it “Lay-chee” then, and I still can’t bring myself to say “Le-shay”). They were a little younger than I was, so I just remember Nick and Drew as cute, nice boys who liked to sing.

Nick and Drew Lachey

My parents are friends of the family, so I’ve gotten updates on their lives over the years. It also made “Newlyweds” kind of a kick to watch. We were all sad when they divorced, but I can’t say we were surprised.

Nick is now selling his post-divorce Bel-Air bachelor pad (bought from Heidi Klum and Seal in 2006) for $6.8 million (more photos here):

Nick Lachey's Bel Air house

Were you a fan of “Newlyweds”? For more photos and information about the house, check outthe listing. I’m still in Orlando–more details about my trip on my Facebook page! :-)

Visit my Celebrity Houses page to see more, from Sandra Bullock’s Victorianto John & Kate Gosselin’s Homes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share