Saturday, August 6, 2011

Teri Garr’s California Cottage


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on AUGUST 12, 2008

Actress Teri Garr’s charming California cottage has 2 bedrooms, 3 baths. She just sold it for an undisclosed amount, but it was on the market for $3.99 million. According to the listing:

Beyond the gates and gardens lies an irresistibly charming California cottage. Dramatic and private, this light filled home originally built in 1924 is in the heart of Brentwood Park. There are two bedroom suites, the master is glorious and fills the entire second floor. There is a cozy office, warm and wonderful living room and inviting kitchen. Several sets of French doors open to the rear garden with pool/spa + guest house above the garage.

Garr began her career as a dancer, becoming a regular performer on the Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour. Her first big film role was as Inga, the beautiful assistant in Young Frankenstein (with Gene Wilder):

She then had some career-making roles in movies like “Mr. Mom,” “Close Encounters of the Third Kind,” and “Oh, God!”

She snagged an Oscar nom for best supporting actress in Tootsie as the people-pleasing actress Sandy (with Dustin Hoffman) in “Tootsie.”

When I was in college, everyone used to gather on weeknights in the dormitory lounge to watch Letterman, and Garr was a frequent–and very funny–guest.

Big Time Listings broke the story that Teri Garr was selling her Brentwood house, explaining:

The enormously likable Garr, who sadly suffered a brain aneurysm in 2006 and also in 2002 had announced that she suffers from multiple sclerosis, told the Daily News of Los Angeles in an article that ran on April 21, 2008 that ‘the other day, a guy came to fix my computer, and I told him, ‘I’ve got good news and bad news. The bad news is I’ve got to sell my house because I can’t work. The good news is I’m walking.’ He said, ‘I think the good news is much better than the bad news.’ I have to look at it that way.’

In October 2002, Garr went public with her MS on “Larry King,” saying, “I’m telling my story for the first time, so I can help people. I can help people know they aren’t alone, and tell them there are reasons to be optimistic because today treatment options are available”.

She has become a leading advocate in raising awareness for MS and the latest treatments for the disease and a National Ambassador for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for links to all of the others I’ve posted.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share