Sunday, August 7, 2011

Kelly Wearstler’s Malibu Beach House


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on NOVEMBER 18, 2009

Kelly Wearstler in Met HomeAfter hearing the sad news that Metropolitan Home would be the latest in a long string of shuttered shelter mags, I checked out the latest issue, which features “Kelly Wearstler’s Ultra-Glam Beach House.” Kelly Wearstler is a well-known designer and one of the judges on Bravo TV’s Top Design.

You know I love looking at beach houses–heck, I have an entire blog dedicated to them at Beach Cottage Love! But this one left me cold, so I thought I’d see what you think about it.

beach house-living room

That funky French chandelier is made with “splayed copper branches that suggest seaweed.” (If you say so!) There’s one in the dining room, too:

Beach house-dining room

According to the magazine, the wallpaper in the bedroom is hand-painted “with lines as jagged as shattered slate.” The vintage headboard is bracketed with gilded spirals. On either side of the bed are pyramid-shaped lamps and vintage chairs that are “all about comfort.”

beach house-bedroom

All I could think about was the time that Hildi glued pieces of straw to a poor homeowner’s walls on an episode of Trading Spaces.

Beach house-bathroomPhotos by François Halard. You can see the entire gallery of photos in Metropolitan Home. Head over to The Skirted Roundtable to hear an interesting podcast about the alarming number of decor-mag closures.

  • Love it!
    1%
  • I like it, but it's not really my style.
    6%
  • It leaves me cold.
    92%

Closed

Total Votes: 528

Visit my Celebrity Houses page for links to all of the others I’ve featured, from Gwyneth Paltrow to Charlie Sheen.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share