Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christie Brinkley House !!! Christie Brinkley Home !!! Contrite Christie Brinkley Issues Statement That Her Tax Bill Will Be Settled

AUTHOR:LAURA VECSEY

Christie Brinkley at home in Bridgehampton. SOURCE: InStyle.com

The IRS tax lien slapped on her 100-year old, 20-acre Bridgehampton, NY mansion was enough to get supermodel Christie Brinkley’s attention. Fast.

On Monday, a little more than a week afterthe $531,000 lien was filed in Suffolk County,the uptown girl whose face has been featured on more than 500 magazine covers issued a statement, vowing the debt will be paid, pronto.

“I consider myself very lucky to have been employed since I was 17 years old,” said the 57-year-old real estate mini-mogul, who owns several homes on Long Island’s fashionable east end.

The lien was filed against the estate Brinkley has owned since 1992, a stunning historic, shake-sided beauty that Brinkley had listed in 2007 for $30 million. She has since taken the house off the market after she said not one person came to see the property.

Known as The Tower, the property has been featured in several magazines and was part of Brinkley’s bitter divorce proceedings from fourth husband, architect Peter Cook, who worked on the house. The estate sits on prime property and features an observation tower and 12 rooms that make the place a decorator’s delight.

Brinkley, who debuted on Broadway in the musical “Chicago” and who said she has been dealing with her parents’ health, was very contrite about the tax problem.

The Tower is the centerpiece of Christie Brinkley's real estate holdings.

“I have never had an issue with the IRS or any tax liens in the past and I have dedicated my time to giving back as much and as often as possible. I was surprised to learn of the tax lien filing and took immediate steps to rectify this matter, which for most people is a private matter. I discovered the tax lien was indeed the result of an error.”

Brinkley said the taxes will be paid in full by today, adding that “I expect the tax lien to be released immediately thereafter.”

“I regret not paying more attention to my accounting, but I have been, and remain focused on my whole family as both my parents navigate serious health issues. I am grateful for the outpouring of understanding and support I have received

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share