Saturday, August 6, 2011

Sheryl Crow’s Romantic 1920s Hollywood Estate


by HOOKEDONHOUSES on FEBRUARY 9, 2011

Sheryl Crow in Architectural Digest March 11

In the March issue of Architectural Digest, singer-songwriter Sheryl Crow invites us into her romantic Hollywood Hills estate. There are three houses on her 11-acre property, but she and her young sons Levi and Wyatt live in the 1926 Spanish Colonial hacienda (there’s also a 1909 Craftsman bungalow and a 19th century cottage that I’d love to see!).

Crow tells the mag that she “grew up in Missouri, where you don’t really see architecture like this.”

Sheryl Crow's Hollywood House-liv rm-AD

The living room is one of my favorite rooms of her house. There’s something about that fireplace, those tall, skinny windows, and the high, beamed ceilings that I really like. It just looks like a comfortable spot to hang out in.

Sheryl Crow's Hollywood House 2-AD

I wish we could see more of the kitchen. I want to see what kind of cabinets she has in there!

Sheryl Crow's Hollywood House kitchen-AD

I like the simplicity of the black bed in the master bedroom. The animal heads, not so much. I’m starting to think I’m the only person left who hasn’t fallen for those things! They’re everywhere, aren’t they?

Sheryl Crow's Hollywood House bedroom-AD

The black tile in the master bath is original to the house, dating back to the 1920s, but it has a modern look to it:

Sheryl Crow's Hollywood House bath-AD

The photos were taken by Jim McHugh for Architectural Digest, and you can see all of them there–including the tepee in the garden that I imagine Levi and Wyatt will have fun playing in!

tepee in the garden

You can also see pics of her Nashville “farmhouse” (term used loosely) that went up for auction recently here: Sheryl Crow’s Cross Creek Farm in Tennessee. Which do you like better–the Nashville house or this one? I gotta say, this one gets my vote!

Click Here to See More Celebrity Houses!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Contact US

celebrityhomeforsale@gmail.com

Share